[google-map-v3 shortcodeid=”40cb085ca6″ width=”550″ height=”550″ zoom=”12″ maptype=”roadmap” mapalign=”center” directionhint=”true” language=”default” poweredby=”false” maptypecontrol=”true” pancontrol=”true” zoomcontrol=”true” scalecontrol=”true” streetviewcontrol=”true” scrollwheelcontrol=”true” draggable=”true” tiltfourtyfive=”false” enablegeolocationmarker=”false” enablemarkerclustering=”false” addmarkermashup=”true” addmarkermashupbubble=”false” bubbleautopan=”true” distanceunits=”miles” showbike=”false” showtraffic=”false” showpanoramio=”false”]
Free Network Monitoring For Serious Professionals
Free Network Monitoring software for network administrator, multiple sensors, recommended for small and large network setups to automatize reporting
PRTG monitors your network 24/7 to timely alert you to issues before they become emergencies.
150,000 sysadmins — at organizations from small businesses through the Fortune 100 — have used PRTG Network Monitor to make their networks faster, more responsive, and more reliable. PRTG fits into any budget and can grow with your needs. It will be the last network monitoring software you’ll ever buy.
Start your free trial (installation will only take 2 minutes) and see how PRTG can make your network more reliable and your job easier.
How to: Change SATA Modes After Windows 7 Installation
- IDE – Old, slower, it is simply a compatibility mode
- AHCI – AHCI stands for Advanced Host Controller Interface. It makes Native Command Queuing (NCQ) along with hot-plugging or hot swapping through SATA Serial-ATA host controllers possible. NCQ is one of the important features of AHCI for SSDs. SSDs can process requests faster than HDDs. It can process so fast that the SSD could end up waiting for work. NCQ allows the OS/controller to request up to 32 simultaneous requests at once. So you basically get more performance from your drive over older IDE mode.
- RAID – RAID stands for redundant array of independent disks, originally redundant array of inexpensive disks. It is a means by which your PC uses multiple disks as if they were one, either to increase performance, safeguard against disk failures, or both. RAID mode has all the advantages of AHCI mode. There are four main factors of a RAID setup: striping, which spreads data across multiple drives, mirroring, which copies the data to more than one disk, space efficiency, which is how much of the total space is available to use, and fault tolerance, which is a measure of how well protected the RAID array is against disk failure.
The issue with changing the SATA modes is they need to be enabled in the BIOS prior to OS installation; doing so after you have installed the OS will disable the PC. The reason why is Windows disables the drivers for the others that are not needed during installation. This tutorial will show you how to enable the different SATA modes after you have installed the OS.
Note: You may have to uninstall then reinstall any SATA drivers such as Intel RST or AMDs equivalent.
Continue reading How to: Change SATA Modes After Windows 7 Installation
Killeen Daily Herald
FIXES FOUND Area computer stores thrive by expanding sales and repair services
Texas Computer Service
KXXV News Channel 25
Local technician finds possible child pornography
Posted: May 25, 2012 6:18 PM CDT
By: Stephanie Jacksis
KILLEEN – A computer technician was servicing a broken computer that was dropped off Wednesday, when he came across suspicious files.
Everyday, Texas Computer Service in Killeen fixes dozens of computers. But after, running a diagnostics test and making copies of the files Thursday, a technician noticed suspicious file names on the laptop.
“If we do find it, and it is illegal like this, we have to do our part in society and report it in,” Technician Adam McKinley said.
Revive Med Spa
Spa & Boutique Hours
Monday-Friday 10 am – 6:30 pm
Late Nights: Tues & Thurs 10 am – 8pm
Saturday 9am -5pm
4008 E Stan Schlueter Loop, Ste 108
Killeen, Texas 76542
Located in The Shops on Stan Schlueter
(between Arby’s & the Laser Car Wash)
Killeen Dental Health Center
Jose Segarra, EXIT HOMEVETS REALTY
EXIT HOMEVETS REALTY Jose Segarra
2000 E. Central Texas Expressway, Ste B Killeen, Texas 76541
Phone: 254 953 8387; Cell: 254 290 0548
Alternate Phone: 254 953 8387; Fax: 254 634 4985
Dr. Arturo Romero, MD Metroplex
Dr. Arturo Romero, MD
Killeen, TX 76549
Mark L Lobaugh ML MD PA Metroplex
Mark L Lobaugh ML MD PA
Killeen, TX 76549
Dr. Stephen J. Vancura, MD
Dr. Frederick M. Barnett, MD Mertroplex
Ernesto N. Malave, MD, Metroplex
Ernesto N. Malave, MD
Ernesto N. Malave, MD specializes in Family Practice and has 28 years of experience.
2301 South Clear Creek RoadKilleen, TX 76549
A Quickstart Guide to Burning XBOX360 Games
This tutorial is intended for users that have a ‘modded’ XBOX360 (i.e. “Firmware Flashed“) and is not intended for out-of-the-box systems. Nowadays XBOX360 rips are done professionally, and in most cases require a minimal amount of tweaking to get them going as planned.
You will require:
- — A DVD-DL burner (Dual-layer).
- — DVD+R DL blank (DVD9) media disks (Verbatim is recommended). Don’t use minus-r (-R) disks.
- — XDVDMulleter – current release is “XDVDMulleterBeta10.2”
- — ImgBurn – Burning software – current file is “SetupImgBurn_220.127.116.11.exe”.
STEP 1 — A Look at XBOX360 Releases
Some NFO files will stipulate that the release is ready-to-burn and should be compatible with an “IXtreme’d” XBOX360. These are called pre-patched games:
Continue reading A Quickstart Guide to Burning XBOX360 Games
Extending Windows 7 Activation Period
- To extend ( reset/rearm) the evaluation period to another 30 days, click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > right click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator
How To Create A New Administrator Account in Mac OS
Written by Jeff Browning.
This method tricks the computer into thinking the computer it’s brand new and leads you through the setup again to create a new administrator account.
This guide should take only about five or ten minutes, but there is some music and you have to boot into single-user mode, so if your in a public place with inquisitive people bring headphones and try to be subtle.
If you want to recover the password of any current user on the target computer in cleartext (that means actually viewing the user’s password instead of just resetting it), check out our other guide on cracking Mac OS X passwords.
- Wireless network password (not a must, but helpful if you want internet on a secured network right away)
- Headphones (if you’re in a public place and don’t want people giving you weird looks)
Continue reading How To Create A New Administrator Account in Mac OS
How to Select Any Edition or Version (SKU) of Windows 7 to Install From Single Edition DVD Disc Media or ISO
However, all DVD of Windows 7 does contains and able to install all and any version of Windows 7, from Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional to Ultimate edition. Actually, the ability to select the version or edition of Windows 7 during setup installation, or which edition that the setup will automatically install, lies with a small configuration file named ei.cfg on the Windows 7 DVD, disc media or ISO image.
Continue reading How to Select Any Edition or Version (SKU) of Windows 7 to Install From Single Edition DVD Disc Media or ISO
Restoring from Restore partition without Ctrl+f11 nor restore disks.
Restoring from Restore partition without Ctrl+f11 nor restore disks.
Just to state first and foremost, this is not an issue I have. This is a preventative post for anyone that may ask down the line. (as I’ve seen it asked on multiple other forums.)
I had this issue with an inspiron 1720 I just got. It had an issue, so I installed vista from a Vista RTM disk. It didn’t fix the problem in the end, so I sent it into dell and got fixed, but I wanted to a fresh restore from the restore partition because on restarts, I’d get the blue screen of Death. Fun stuff right?
Well, Unknowingly, when I installed vista off of the cd, that removed the ctrl+F11 option from the dell. This is stated on many forums, and it seems that most answers to this issue is to format and install a fresh install from cd again, or call dell and get recovery disks. I figured “Heck, If I still have the restore partition, there is not reason why I can’t get it to restore with some effort.”
Some other people I’ve seen have just had viral attacks, or just want to sell their laptop and need a fresh install. This is for those people that need it. The answer to the question of what if Control and F11 don’t work.
Continue reading Restoring from Restore partition without Ctrl+f11 nor restore disks.